Hilda P. Barrow Outstanding Developmental Educator of the Year
$300 cash award and plaque
This award recognizes the contributions of a person who has helped students achieve their desired goals through their service and support of student success programs. The person recognized shows a lifetime of service to students through professional excellence and personal commitment. Evidence of achievement would be clear from student letters, letters from colleagues, and other documentation following the directions for application for the NOSS Gladys R. Shaw Outstanding Service and Support for Student Success.
- More than ten years of service to student success-related programs as an instructor, staff member, or administrator
- Extensive record of service and support in student success-related programs
- NCOSS member
Kellogg Institute Scholarship
$750 scholarship to the Kellogg Institute
NCOSS is pleased to offer a $750 scholarship for an NCOSS member who plans to attend the Kellogg Institute. The applicant must have been a member of NCOSS for two years and have had some leadership role in NCOSS. Preference will be given to a person who has participated in at least two NCOSS conferences and is a member of NOSS. Please submit a letter of intent, at least one reference, and a NOSS Cover Sheet with your information.
Shining Star Award
The purpose of the “Shining Star Award” is to acknowledge and recognize an individual or an institution who has demonstrated a commitment to celebrating diversity. The recipient of the “Shining Star Award” will document commitment to diversity in one or more of the following ways:
- Devote time in class sessions and/or other public forums discussing the values of diversity as it relates to recognizing, understanding, and appreciating differences.
- Initiate or actively participate in activities at school or in the community that are focused on eliminating prejudice.
- Display an attitude of honesty, openness, and harmonious team building.
Any current member of (NCOSS) may apply for or submit the name of an institution to be considered for the Cultural Diversity Shining Star Award. Simply write a letter documenting the reasons why the individual or institution should receive the award (please include events, accomplishments, dates, times, places and people impacted).